Friday 15 April 2011

Swap Meet

So I am going to my first ever coupon swap meet on the 27th. A bunch of girls/guys get together and swap coupons they don't use with ones they need.

I'm horribly shy, but am hoping that this action will help me get over that.

This week has been surprising. I am used to making multipul trips on the way home to get groceries. Since our journey started a few short weeks ago, I've noticed those trips have lessened.

There was my Kensington shopping Saturday, No Frills on Monday and one stop Wednesday to Valu-mart.

I've gone through this weeks fliers. I've decided I can't travel from one store to the next to just save a couple of bucks.

I don't mind going to Kensington as I work downtown. I don't mind going to No Frills even. But I don't want to go here, there and everywhere.

No Frills price matches. I mean they claim to be the cheapest there is. I'm just wondering how mean/bitchy/annoying of a person I would be if I took all those fliers with me shopping. If anything is on sale at X place and it's something we want, I'll get it and give them the flier at cash out and give them my coupons. It'll save us money, and they have that policy for a reason right?

I've always hated that person who held up the line. I've groaned and whimpered 'cause I just want to go home. But here I am contemplating being that person

Very soon local farmers markets will be opening all over the city. It'll be nice to go to them, but you have to be careful. I love supporting local business', but depending on which market you go to, the prices can be fairly steep.

I'll let you know once my Husband has done the tally, how much we have spent this week. Maybe I should do a tally on one side of the page showing how much we spent vs, how much we would have spent that month if we followed old patterns.

It's something to think about.

3 comments:

  1. here are some resources you may or may not be aware of...
    www.simplyfrugal.ca
    www.naturallysavvy.com
    www.healthyshopper.ca
    www.onespout.com
    and any other great sites for savings, cooking ideas and coupons I come across I will share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I also cut back BIG TIME on cost of cleaning products by cleaning with vinegar, water and baking soda. Costco has cases of it for very little cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Earthmama that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete