Sunday 17 April 2011

Coupon Wars!

RAWWWWWWRRRRRRRR


Can you feel the anger?

Well ok I'm not angry now, but I was appaled and pretty damn well pissed off the other day.

I went shopping at Loblaws (Broadview and Danforth - I've been told I should be more specific of where I am shopping), I had some pretty sweet coupons for Ziplock products and thought that I am going to use them while they have them on sale.

I pulled out my coupons while in the aisle and checked them to be sure they would be ok.

I grabbed my products and happily moved to the cashier thinking about how I am going to tell my exciting save to my Huband...he'd probably have just laughed at me.

Well I get to cash I put all my coupons on my items (I originally went for buns and there were coupons there for them right there), and waiting. The cashier took my coupons, which were printed directly from the manufacturer on my printer. She looked at them and sighed and kept looking at me, then them.

She then had the nerve! The nerve! To ask me for the orginial coupons. I just stood there completely embarassed. I was like ummmm those are original, I got them from their website legitimately.

She then rolled her eyes at me!!! I felt my cheeks go red. I felt my blood boil and I tell you, in took all my will not to be all "Excuse me! Do you think I'm lying? Bring me a computer with internet and I will show you exactly where I got these from. It's one thing for you to doubt me, because you probably get fakes. But you do not show me disrespect in front of a whole bunch of strangers." But I held my calm.

She found a reason not to use the second coupon and I should have fought it but I was like whatever, just ring up my stuff and let me go.

Ugh! Drama with coupons! Jez!

In other news, last week we managed to spend a total of $80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn! I am so proud that I was able to cut down my bills by so much in just the first month!

Today however, I spent $96 at the No Frills on Coxwell. The one on Carlaw is HUGE and has a greater selection including food of the world. I might have to go back there. The one at Coxwell was small, sold out of everything I wanted and too crowded for me.

The $96 was made up of laundry detergents. I got two because I needed one for whites. My Husband bought some white shirts for our trip in March and well....white and sweat don't mix. Trying to bring them back, but doubt I will be able to. I also got some chocolates as we are being smart about waste of food, and any bananas we aren't using, I am making banana bread with. It's a nice snack, takes like 15 minutes to prep and mix. Easy. Yummy. Just how I like it.

It's been suggested that I try going to Dollarama for canned food. We don't eat much in the way of canned food. Canned tomatos, yes, canned beans...in the winter sure.

I've also said to try China town. I might and probably will, but I wonder how I can save more there than I did at Kensington....but I do like adventures.

Well I hope you all are doing well, and are finding use of my blog!

Talk to you later.

(Next up, perhaps something to do with gardening, and a trip to an AMAZING local coffee shop).

5 comments:

  1. take the power back! don't be shy. if you have the coupon, use it. They ask dumb questions, you ask for the manager.
    Also a link for you (somebody selling off an extreme couponed stockpile):
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-garden-Extreme-couponer-selling-stockpile-BRAND-NEW-discount-W0QQAdIdZ275846727

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! That's insane!!! I actually forgot my coupons today *blush*, but I didn't buy anything that needed them. I just don't get why people would go so far as to amass such an amount of coupons, get stuff and sell it....ok you make money sure..but if you kept all that. Man that's....beyond me. I'm hoping not to get to that level, it's not the purpose of what we are trying to do. I don't ant to buy things for the sake of buying them. I want them because we actually use the items. I guess that's why the coupon swapping appeals to me. I can get coupons for items I will actually use, and give people coupons they will use.

    Plus my Husband would kill me if I went that far haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to shop at the No Frills on Carlaw and it's wonderful. They have a huge selection of foods from around the world and they are well stocked on almost everything all the time. The only time I'd avoid going is on a sunday late in the day as it seems they are out of fresh produce at that time.
    Anyway, good blog. Good read as usual. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Found you from ontd :) I'm a frequent reader of smartcanucks, and a fellow Torontonian, which is what attracted me to your blog. Props to you for wanting to save money!

    I saw that kijiji link that brian provided above, and to tell you the truth, most if not all of those items were FREE with coupons. How do I know? Well, I've been reading smartcanucks a long time haha.

    You should check out www.mrsjanuary.com. She used to post heavily on smartcanucks, but now has her own site. She posts 'what deals i got this week', and other helpful info.

    I hope that helps! Looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: Yeah I figured she got it all for free and it selling it. Hey great way to make a buck..I just not sure how I feel about that. I mean it's good for her to make money if she needs it. It just seems like a whole lot of work!!!

    I'll check out that site, thank you!!! And thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete